The Working Group in Politics of Development is a collaborative effort between UCSD faculty and students studying politics in developing countries. The purpose of the group is to provide community, professional development, and general support to students and faculty at UCSD.
The group meets to discuss budding research ideas and works-in-progress, and occasionally features non-UCSD guest presenters.
Currently, WGPOD meets weekly via Zoom. Beginning in July 2022, WGPOD will meet every Wednesday at 5pm PST.
Spring 2022 WGPOD Schedule
- April 14 – “Local Majorities” – Richard Bluhm
- April 21 – “Nonstate Welfare Provision in Slums: Experimental Evidence from Brazil” – Leonardo Bueno
- April 28 – Project on International Affairs Series: “Reducing Prejudice Towards Refugees in Uganda: Evidence that Social Networks Influence Attitude Change” – Jennifer Larson
- May 12 – Presentation – Brian Engelsma
- May 19 – “Daring to Cross” – Brian Engelsma and Clark Gibson
- May 26 – Seminar Paper Discussion – Linh Le
- June 2 – Seminar Paper Discussion – Leonardo Bueno
To join the group mailing list, please contact the group’s administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.